Waimea Canyon & Fern Grotto Tour
Hotel pick-ups begin at 7:45 am
Duration: 9 hours
- Waimea Canyon*
- Captain Cook's Landing
- Wailua River Boat Cruise*
- Fern Grotto*
- Spouting Horn*
- Koloa Town
- Queen Victoria's profile
- Holoholo Ku Heiau (Sacred Sight)
- Fort Elizabeth
- Opaekaa Falls Lookout*
- Coco Palms Grove
* denotes stops made
A visit to both sides of the island is a study in contrasts. You’ll see how the walls of Waimea Canyon, formed over thousands of years by volcanic activity and erosion, play against the dense, emerald green foliage found in so many other regions of Kauai.
Seeing Kauai’s most beautiful spots in person will demonstrate why this island is known as “The Garden Isle”. During your all-day tour, the lush vegetation covering all altitudes will surround you: from towering Eucalyptus trees projecting from the 3,500-foot cliffs to the deep valleys and fern-covered grottos.
In stark contrast to all of Kauai’s lushness is Waimea Canyon State Park. Over thousands of years earthquakes and erosion have created dramatic variation in the landscape. Waimea Canyon, “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific” is one of the showpieces on the tour and offers one of the best views of the western coast of the island.
On the eastern side of the island you’ll take a boat cruise down the Wailua River. In the midst of the intensely green landscape, you’ll find the Fern Grotto, draped in tropical ferns.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Round Trip Transportation
- Air Conditioned Coach (50 passenger bus)
WHAT TO BRING
- Wear Walking Shoes
- Dress Comfortably
- Sweater or Jacket
- Money for lunch stop
GOOD TO KNOW
- Safety is our primary concern. Due to unstable rock conditions, the park does not currently allow entrance to the grotto. A stop at Paradise Park is substituted with viewing of the grotto from observation platform.
RESORT AREA PICKUP & RETURN TIMES
Kapaa/Wailua Depart: 7:45AM - 8:00AM Return: 5:10PM - 5:20 PM
Lihue/ Airport Depart: 8:00AM - 8:15AM Return: 5:20PM - 5:30PM
Koloa/Poipu Depart: 8:45AM Return: 5:30PM - 5:45PM
- No expectant mothers.
- Not recommended for individuals who have or have had back problems, recent injuries or surgeries, or suffer from severe motion sickness (no refunds are given for sea sickness). Seasickness is best prevented with an over the counter remedy.
- This is an adventure. Ocean conditions can vary and may turn rough at times. It may not be suitable for some folks (all physically challenged individuals are subject to Captain’s discretion).
- If you do not have your prescribed medication with you, i.e. Inhalers, EpiPens, diabetic medication and/or any other medications taken daily, you must reschedule your tour for another day.
- All tour routes and destinations are subject to change without notice. Ocean conditions can and will sometimes turn rough. Snorkeling depends on ocean conditions.
- Cancelled tours by Holo Holo Charters are fully refundable or gladly rescheduled.
- “No shows” or any cancellation of reservations with less than 24-hour notice prior to check-in time is subject to a 100% charge of the total fare including tax.
- Children must be at least 6 years old for snorkel tours, 5 years old for non-snorkel tours.
- Non-swimmers are not allowed in the water.
- All tours are “Bare-Foot”. Passengers will remove their shoes prior to boarding. Only Orthopedic/Diabetic exceptions will be made at Captain’s direction.
- You should bring your own towels, sunscreen, a light jacket, and camera. We will provide everything else.
- Spray-on/aerosol sunscreen is a safety hazard and may not be used on board the vessel. We encourage using reef-friendly sunscreens.
- No smoking of any kind on board the vessel or on the dock.
- We do not land on shore.
- Do not park at the harbor or pier. Please use Holo Holo parking lot only or your car will be towed.
- We are not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
- We reserve the right to refuse service.
- Drones/unmanned aircraft are not allowed on board the vessel.
- Our vessels are equipped with sensitive marine heads (toilets) that will clog if any foreign objects are flushed. If you flush something other than what your body produces and the toilet paper we provide, you may be responsible for the cost of repair.
- Alcohol will be served only after snorkeling. If passenger will be consuming alcoholic beverages an ID will be required on the vessel.No coolers allowed on board.
- Pacemaker and/or defibrillators are prohibited on all Napali coast tours departing from Port Allen.