Waikiki Starlight Luau
Sunday - Thursday (weather permitting)
5:00 pm Doors Open
5:30 pm Activities Begin
Duration: 3 hours
Discover Hawaii’s diverse array of culinary influences in an incredible rooftop setting. Enjoy exotic flavors and locally sourced ingredients in Kalua Pig, ocean-fresh Island Fish or grilled Huli Huli Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Hawaiian Fried Rice. Try your luck at the Pineapple Toss. Compete in the Conch Shell Blowing Challenge. Join the Group Hula Lesson. Or simply unwind with authentic Hawaiian cuisine and a refreshing cocktail with a backdrop of lilting island music and dance. Waikiki’s only outdoor Luau features extravagant Lei greetings, Hula kahiko performers, acrobatic fire dancers and authentic Hawaiian dining in a memorable setting beneath the starlit, mid-Pacific skies.
INTERACTIVE STATIONS Polynesian Implements: Guests will be able to touch, shake, and handle various Polynesian implements. Artisan will explain the materials used and background on the implements. Polynesian Tatau (tattoo station): Guests will be able to see the tools and dyes used for ancient tattooing. Artisan will explain the background of ancient Polynesian tattooing, method, tools, inks. Artisan will draw simple tattoo designs on willing and interested guests. Fresh Flower Crafting: Enjoy the assembly of fresh fl owers crafted into a hair piece or wristband.
POLYNESIAN CRAFTERS Wood Carver Station: Guests will be able to watch the actual carving of local woods into various Polynesian artifacts. Polynesian Articles: Pareau, Poi Balls, Fire Knife books, Polynesian jewelry, and various Polynesian articles.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- General Seating: Shell Lei Greeting, Standard Table Seating & Buffet
- Premier Seating: Fresh Orchid Lei, Premier seating, closest to stage, first in line to enjoy the buffet
- All Guests Enjoy: Two complimentary select beverages, live music and interactive games, tattoo station & Polynesian Show
- Cold Salads: Island Salad Greens, Local Watercress, Tomato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Soba Noodle Salad, Maki Sushi, Poi, Sliced Sweet Potato, Lomi Lomi Salmon, Hawaiian Style Seafood Salad, Fresh Fruit Hot Dishes: Kalua Pork, Huli Huli Chicken, Seared Island Catch, Stir-Fried Vegetables, Hawaiian Fried Rice, Roasted Island Tofu & Potato Hash, Smoked Brisket Desserts: Chocolate Fudge Brownies, Coconut Haupia Squares, Vanilla Crepes with Warm Apple-Banana Compote
WHAT TO BRING
- Light Jacket or Sweater
GOOD TO KNOW
- Complimentary valet & self parking is available at the Hilton Hawaiian Village