Umauma Falls Zip Tour
TOUR TIMEHourly from 8:00am - 3:00pm
Check in 45 minutes prior to scheduled tour time
Duration: 1.5 - 3 hours
The Big Island's Umauma Falls zipline has nine long lines with 2 MILES of spectacular zipping through paradise, over 14 waterfalls and great ocean views. The first four lines are exciting long dual lines. You get to race your partner, take pictures and see the beautiful Umauma river and its waterfalls from a birds eye view.
At line #2, you will have time to view the beautiful scenery which includes a view of a 100 foot waterfall as you look toward the top of Mauna Kea. Most people who live on the Big Island of Hawaii have never seen this beautiful waterfall. You will, if you book this tour. You also visit a shelter that overlooks the river as another river joins the mighty UMAUMA. Keep an eye out for the native Hawaiian hawk (I‘o) that lives in this area. He may soar into the canyon while you are zipping. On line #4 you will zip over 2000 feet of river water and many falls. This is so amazing you will pinch yourself that you are actually here. Lines 5 through 8 take you through scenic pasture land, guava orchards, and a tropical garden. Cross a 200' suspension bridge that takes you 100' over a water filled lava tube and fern grotto to get to line #5. You will get a close up view of the dual waterfall part of the famous UMAUMA FALLS at the end of line #7. Finally. line #9 sends you back to where you started at the visitors center. Hear and see the people standing on the deck of the visitor center cheering you as you zip down the river past the visitor center and land on a platform Oceanside of the center. Sandwiches, Wraps, Smoothies and Drinks are available for purchase in the Snack Shack at the Visitor Center.
Each zipline has a shelter that keeps you cool in the sun, dry in the rain, they also provide great photo opportunities and time to relax between zips.
If you would only like to do a 4 Line Zip Tour (the first 4 lines), please select the 4 Line Zip Tour option.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Rain-wear will be provided in the event of wet weather
- safety gear, including helmet and harness
- Tour duration approximately 1.5-3 hours
WHAT TO BRING
- Wear Closed-toe Footwear, Sneakers or Hiking Boots
- Tie back long hair
- Glasses should be secured with a strap
- Remove sharp objects from your pockets
GOOD TO KNOW
- Minimum age is 4 years old, no experience necessary
- No unaccompanied children under 18 years of age (parent or guardian must remain on-site)
- Weight restrictions 35-275 lbs for ziplining
- Pregnant women and those with serious medical conditions as well as persons with prior back and neck injuries are not permitted to participate
- Extensively trained safety experts ensure that all participants are properly outfitted with the latest safety gear, including helmets and harnesses
- Zip Course is inspected daily
- Guides are first-aid-certified
- Moderate - advanced physical activity - must be able to climb 3 flights of stairs and walk for short distances
- Tours go out rain or shine
Umauma Experience - 31-313 Old Mamalahoa Hwy, Hakalau, Hawaii 96710