Ultimate Kauai Adventure Helicopter Tour
Morning or Afternoon flights available
Duration: 45 - 55 minutes
Kauai's most inspiring mountains, most magical caves, enticing waterways, unique flora and fauna, rich red dirt and emerald green vistas, what will you see on this tour?
Tour Waimea Canyon, dubbed by Mark Twain as the " Grand Canyon of the South Pacific." Although Mark Twain never visited the island, he must have seen enough of it to judge the unparalleled grandeur of this famous Kauai landmark. It is truly a spectacular sight.
Mount Waialeale is known as the wettest spot on earth with an average annual rainfall of about forty feet. Most of the mountain rain drains into the nearby Alakai Swamp, home to several rare species of plants and birds. Wailua Falls is also known as Fantasy Island Waterfalls for their cameo appearance weekly in the TV series of the same name.
The legendary Na Pali Coast, with its dramatic cliffs chisled by time to a razor sharp beckoning, is spellbinding no matter how many times you see it. This is the home of the legendary Bali Hai as seen in the 20th Century Fox movie, South Pacific and yes, it is calling you.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- 45-55 min Flight time
- Ground safety briefing
- Complimentary coffee or tea
- Pilot personal narration and choreographed music recorded on the live digital video (DVD of your actual flight is available for on-site for $49.95)
- Japanese narration available with advance notice
- Fuel Surcharges
FX OPEN SEATING:
Industry standard six-passengers,seat assignment determined by weight and balance.
FX FIRST CLASS SEATING:
Passengers enjoy “First Class” seating next to pilot,with extra arm and leg room. Maximum combined weight for two passengers:400 lbs.
WHAT TO BRING
- Camera and lots of film
- Wear a dark colored shirt to reduce glare on the plexiglass windows
- Picture ID
GOOD TO KNOW
- Helicopter weight and balance changes with every flight because of passenger weight, pilot weight and length of flight (fuel weight). FAA regulations require all passengers and their carry-on items to be weighed at time of check-in. If a standard airline seat belt is too small or you weigh over 240 pounds you may be required to purchase a comfort seat on our FX STAR.
- Assisted Passengers: A portable lifting device is available for those customers needing special assistance. Please notify us at 1.888.768.7229.
No scuba diving 24 hours prior to helicopter tour departure time
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult’s lap. Please provide child’s weight at time of booking. Children 2 yrs. and older must occupy a seat with seat belt on and are charged full fare
- Required check-in time is a minimum of 30 minutes prior to your tour departure time. For your safety and comfort, hats and oversized bags are not permitted on the flight line or in the helicopter. Please leave these items in your car
- Routes & Flight Time: Sunshine does not fly any specific routes but has many sights within the area of a described tour that we intend to visit during a tour. Sights may vary due to weather. Flight times are estimates and may vary a few minutes