Sunrise Whale Watch
Whale Season December 15,2015 - April 15, 2016
Daily: 6:30am from Lahaina/Kaanapali or Kihei/Wailea Harbor
Check in 45 minutes prior to scheduled tour time
Duration: 2 hours
Join Pacific Whale Foundation for a sunrise whale watch and capture the first whale sighting of the day as the sun rises over Haleakala.
The dawn light is a favorite for photographers and the ocean is typically at its calmest at this time of day. Don't forget your camera on this early, but incredible whale watch!
Informative and fun, each two-hour whale watch is led by a team of Pacific Whale Foundation's certified Marine Naturalists and marine biologists, who explain and interpret the social behavior of humpback whales. Listen to whale songs through underwater hydrophones, watch mothers and calves interact and see males compete for females. Every trip is different; you never know what you will experience!
Whale sightings are guaranteed on all Pacific Whale Foundation whale watches (from November 4 – May 15) or you go again free at your convenience within one year of your cruise. 97% sighting success rate.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Listening to whales on underwater hydrophones
- Educational talk by our team of certified Marine Naturalists
- Free Jr. Naturalist Program for kids
- Free whale poster and color whale watch guide for your party
- $4 per person Pacific Whale Foundation Fee
WHAT TO BRING
GOOD TO KNOW
- 48 Hour cancellation / reschedule policy
- All passengers are required to sign Liability Waiver at check-in
- All passengers are required to check-in 45 minutes prior to departure
- Vessels are not required to and do not meet the ADA requirements
- Destinations are weather permitting, at Captain’s discretion
- Tour subject to cancellation due to weather conditions, mechanical or unforeseen issues at
- the discretion of the Captain with refund restricted to the purchase price of the tour
- Vessels & features are subject to change without notice
- ID required for any passenger to consume alcohol
- Maximum capacity 147 persons
Lahaina/Kaanapali: Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store at 612 Front Street, Lahaina HI 96761
Kihei/Wailae: Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store at the Ma'alaea Harbor Shops, next to Maui Ocean Center. 300 Maalaea Road, Wailuku, HI 96793