Skyline Eco Adventures - Skyline Haleakala
8:30 am, 9:30 am, 10:30 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:15 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm & 3:30 pm
Check in 30 minutes prior to scheduled tour time
Duration: 2 hours
Bike n' Zipline
Monday through Wednesday
Pick up from hotels: 2:00am
Haleakala 5 Line Zip
Hike through a forest and sail through the trees! The Skyline Haleakala adventure combines a ½ -mile hike through the woods with five spectacular zipline crossings of a beautiful valley on Haleakala Ranch. Each line gets longer and more exciting than the one before it, allowing guests to ease into this new experience. Guests will traverse a dramatic “swinging bridge” in addition to their zipline crossings, providing a new element of adventure for tour-goers. Specially-trained guides will outfit each person with a customized seat harness and equipment, before leading them into the woods and on to the adventure! This is a perfect tour for the whole family, ages 8 and up!
Before or after our tour is a great opportunity to explore the world famous Upcountry region – including Haleakala Crater/Summit, Maui Lavender Farm, Tedeschi Vineyards and the Ulupalakua Ranch area.
Haleakala Bike n' Zipline Combo
Experience the thrill of a life time riding down the slope of Maui's tallest mountain, Haleakala, which means in the Hawaiian language "house of the rising sun". Guests will be guided by Maui's most experienced bike company, Maui Downhill. At the top of the mountain guests will be able to see some of the islands protected plant species like the Silversword, which can only be found at Haleakala State Park. After touring the State Park guests will then depart on bicycles down the mountain. On the way way down you will see some of the best views of the island!
Once at Skyline Hawaii guests will then embark on their ziplining adventure!
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Customized seat harness and equipment
- For Bike n' Zipline Combo Only - free complementary pick up from your hotel
WHAT TO BRING
- Hiking Boots or Athletic Shoes
- Long Pants are recommended
GOOD TO KNOW
- All participants MUST weigh between 60-260 lbs. This helps regulate the speed of each guest, and has nothing to do with the strength of the gear. Guests will be weighed on site.
- Guests MUST be physically able to hike ½ mile at 4,200 feet of elevation over uneven terrain.
- Guests with serious neck, back, or joint injuries or chronic heart problems should use their own discretion
- Guests MUST NOT have been scuba diving within 24 hours of scheduled tour time.
- All guests are REQUIRED to sign a release and waiver of liability prior to taking the tour.
- Guests MUST be 8 years or older for ziplining but 12 years or older for the Bike n' Zip Combo. All guests under 18 must have a responsible adult sign for them.
- No expectant mothers.
- Absolutely NO SMOKING is allowed on tour.
- Guests MUST wear hiking boots or athletic shoes
- Long pants and warm layers for the sunrise and bike portion of the tour are recommended.
- Guests need to arrive 30 minutes prior to their tour's departure time. Tours operate on a schedule and cannot wait for late guests.
- It is recommended that guests not participate if they have had recent surgery or have any serious back or joint problems.
- If a guest is booking on behalf of another person or group, it is their responsibility to inform each participant of these restrictions
- On very rare occasions Skyline Eco-Adventures may need to close the course due to high winds or heavy rain. In which case you will be notified to either reschedule the tour or provide a refund of the tour price.
- If weather conditions appear to be bad please call to check if tour is going ahead as scheduled, as weather in other areas of the island is often very different than the weather, way up on the mountain. Never assume that a tour is cancelled.
Skyline Eco Adventures
The Skyline Haleakala adventure begins at the Haleakala Ranch Outpost, which is located 2.5 miles up Crater Road (Hwy. 378), on the way to Haleakala National Park.