Waikiki Spectacular Helicopter Tour
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday (other days may be available upon request)
8:00 am & 5:00 pm
Duration: 30 minutes
Departs from Ko Olina
**If purchasing a private charter, please select the number 1 in the drop down menu and on the following page in the notes section please indicate how may people are in your party (max 6)
- Diamond Head Crater
- Waikiki Beach
- Arizona Memorial
This tour begins with a sweeping vista of the resorts at Ko Olina and the marina area. Here you’ll get an aerial view of the infamous Queen Anne’s Revenge, Captain Jack Sparrow’s ship from The Pirates of the Caribbean. Ships of a more recent vintage occupy your next highlight, Pearl Harbor. In addition to the Navy’s latest, you’ll see two WWII icons, the Arizona Memorial and the Battleship Missouri, often referred to as the “bookends of WWII.” Up next is placid Keehi Lagoon, home of a variety of ocean sports, and historic Honolulu Harbor. You’ll see Aloha Tower, once the tallest structure on the island, as well cruise ships from distant ports.
Next is downtown Honolulu, featuring the only royal palace in the country. Above the city stands Punchbowl, the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. The tour continues above Ala Moana Beach Park, Magic Island, the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor and Waikiki Beach. See surfers, marine life and the sparkling white sand of the world’s most famous beach. At Diamond Head, you’ll turn and head over Honolulu proper, the University of Hawaii campus and on up the Nuuanu Pali. Here you will get a fine view of Lulumahu Falls and a grand perspective of Honolulu.
On your return to the resort area you’ll see the campus of Kamehameha Schools and Oahu’s Central Plain.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pilot narration of the flight tour in both English and Japanese
- Fuel surcharges
- A DVD recording of your flight $40.00
- International Formatted DVDs available for $50.00
GOOD TO KNOW
- Flights must be cancelled 72 hours prior to scheduled tour time to be eligible for a refund
- Children under 24 months fly free if seated on the lap of a parent.
- Passengers in excess of 250 pounds may be charged an additional fee equal to one-half the tour cost. Passengers weighing more than 300 pounds will be charged for an additional seat. Any two passengers from the same reservation whose combined weight exceeds 430 pounds may be required to purchase a comfort seat. There is some flexibility depending on the total number of passengers and their combined weight. Limits are determined on a per flight basis.
- Tour routes described assume normal wind and weather conditions. Pilots reserve the right to alter the flight path as appropriate for different winds and inclement weather.
- Guests are asked to please leave their purses, backpacks and other items in their hotel rooms or in the hotel room safe. The only items allowed on the helicopter are cameras and video cameras, all other items must be left behind in the office.
- Private Charter Flights are available.
- This tour begins and ends at Ko Olina, about 30 miles from Waikiki, and is best for guests staying at Disney’s Aulani, the Ihilani Resort & Spa and Ko Olina properties.
CHECK IN LOCATION
Makani Kai Helicopters, 130 Iolana Place - Honolulu, Hawaii 96819