Kohala and Hamakua Coast Helicopter Tour
Late afternoon flights available at 4 pm
Duration: 30 - 40 minutes
Witness the awesome beauty of the Kohala Mountains with panoramic views of the South Kohala Resort coastline. Climb past Waimea over the sweeping pasture lands of the Kahua and Ponoholo Ranches in route to the lush tropical rainforest of Hamakua. Explore the steep ocean cliffs and hidden valleys of Waimanu, Pololu and Waipio, alive with dozens of roaring waterfalls. This area of the Big Island is rich in history and holds some of the most spectacular vistas in Hawaii.
The EC 130 B4 WhisperSTAR is the ultimate in sightseeing helicopters. More interior room, more visibility with added plexiglass and elevated rear seats. Sunshine customizes the standard factory interior with business and first class seating to further enhance passenger comfort and visibility. Soar in the state-of- the-art WhisperSTAR and experience the superb quiet and ultra smooth most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever!
David Clark stereo aviator headsets with individual volume control, custom built digital recording system, polarized bubble windows, air-conditioned climate control, custom interiors and much more!
WHISPERSTAR OPEN SEATING
Up to six-passengers,seat assignment determined by weight and balance
WHISPERSTAR FIRST CLASS SEATING
The three front seat configuration is replaced with two front seats.Passengers enjoy “First Class” seating next to pilot, with extra arm and leg room. Maximum combined weight for two passengers:490 lbs.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- 30-40 min Flight time
- Ground safety briefing
- Complimentary coffee or tea
- Pilot personal narration and choreographed music recorded on the live digital video (DVD of your actual flight is available for on-site for $49.95)
- Japanese narration available with advance notice
- Fuel Surcharges
WHAT TO BRING
- Camera and lots of film
- Wear a dark colored shirt to reduce glare on the plexiglass windows
- Picture ID
GOOD TO KNOW
- Helicopter weight and balance changes with every flight because of passenger weight, pilot weight and length of flight (fuel weight). FAA regulations require all passengers and their carry-on items to be weighed at time of check-in. If you are between 240-290 lbs. we recommend open seating on the WhisperSTAR. Over 290 lbs. may require a comfort seat in our WhisperSTAR
- Assisted Passengers: A portable lifting device is available for those customers needing special assistance. Please notify us at 1.888.768.7229.
No scuba diving 24 hours prior to helicopter tour departure time
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult’s lap. Please provide child’s weight at time of booking. Children 2 yrs. and older must occupy a seat with seat belt on and are charged full fare
- Required check-in time is a minimum of 30 minutes prior to your tour departure time. For your safety and comfort, hats and oversized bags are not permitted on the flight line or in the helicopter. Please leave these items in your car
- Routes & Flight Time: Sunshine does not fly any specific routes but has many sights within the area of a described tour that we intend to visit during a tour. Sights may vary due to weather. Flight times are estimates and may vary a few minutes