Kailua Two Hour Guided Kayaking Excursion
7:45am, 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm
Join a small group and venture into Kailua Bay’s near shore destinations. Visit Popoi’a Island and find the nesting sea-birds that these islands are protected for. The Ko’olau Mountain Range and Dormant Volcanoes create a backdrop full of Hawaiian and geological history to learn about. The Hawaiian Green Sea-Turtle makes these waters its home and will often make an appearance.
The Day starts when you are picked up from your hotel in Waikiki, At the shop you will be outfitted with all of the necessary gear for the trip including life-jackets, lockers, dry bags etc. You will be given a thorough briefing of the area and some basic instruction by an eco-guide. The Beach Center Shop carries any necessary accessories like sunscreen, snorkel gear and waterproof cameras. Set out for two hours of kayaking and adventure. Arrive back at the shop for lunch,have a hot meal and set out again, armed with snorkel gear or boogie boards, you decide.Use of shower facilities and change into some dry clothing and your driver will let you sit back and relax upon your return to Waikiki.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Round trip transportation from Waikiki hotels
- Professional Tour Guide.
- One or two-person Ocean Kayak™ or Spectrum Kayak.
- DLNR Offshore Islet Landing Permit.
- ComfortPro Kayak Seat.
- U.S. Coastguard approved PFD Type 3.
- Boogie board / Sea Sports silicon snorkel, mask and fins rental (for free time).
- Beach Mat.
- Secure lockers - 12” x 12” x 17”.
- Duration: 2-Hour guided kayak tour + 2-Hours of free time at Kailua Beach.
- Healthy snack and drink on the water (granola, chips juice or water).
- Re-usable, aluminum, eco-bottle with KSK Logo
- Dry Bag.
- 15% discount on retail items in KSK shop.
- Popoia Island (Wildlife Sanctuary)
WHAT TO BRING
- Swimsuits: guests should wear their swimsuits under their clothes at time of pick-up.
- Sun block: we recommend SPF 30 or greater.
- Shoes: slippers are ok but water shoes or sandals are better, for walking around the islands. Expect your footwear to get wet.
- Camera: disposable waterproof camera or guides provide dry bags for digital or camera phones
- Dry change of clothes and towel for showering after the trip. (customers must be in dry clothes for return transportation).
- Cash/Credit Cards: lockers are provided for valuables. The KSK shop carries many of the above items and last minute add-ons for the trip as well as one-of-a-kind souvenirs. It is also customary to tip guides for great service.
GOOD TO KNOW
- All Participants must be able to swim. No exceptions.
- Minimum age 8 years.
- Ages 8-16 must ride in a double kayak with a parent or guardian (one child per adult).
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Lunch comes complimentary with all packages. Guests can choose from pizza, calzones, Hawaiian plate lunch or Salads. For customers with dietary restrictions please notify us at time of booking for special arrangements. Including: vegan, kosher or food related allergies.
CHECK IN LOCATION
Kailua Sailboards & Kayaks Inc
130 Kailua Rd. Suite 101B
Kailua, HI 96734