Haleakala Summit Sunrise Biking Tour
TOUR TIMEResort Pick Up begins at 2:15 am
Return Time between Noon - 12:30 pm
Duration: 10 hours
DESCRIPTIONThe adventure begins far above the clouds (dress warmly, it’s 30-50°F cooler at the summit), where you'll take in awe-inspiring views from the rim of Haleakala’s massive volcanic crater. After a safety orientation and bike/gear fitting, you’re ready to roll—down the planet’s grandest coaster—through over 200 twists and turns and countless visual wonders. There are many stops along the way to view and photograph the incredible scenery, learn about Haleakala’s history and lore, and eat a delicious meal.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Round Trip Transportation
- Continental Breakfast
- Two Mountain Guides
- Bikes & Gear (Wind Stopper fleece jackets, gloves, Worksman Cruiser bikes, helmets and rain suits)
- National Park Entrance Fees
WHAT TO BRING
- Layered clothing (long pants & sweatshirt)
- Closed Toed Shoes
- Cash for restaurant stop
- Your sense of ADVENTURE!
GOOD TO KNOW
- Minimum height is 4'10
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- No complete beginners
- No expectant mothers
- All riders must sign an acknowledgment of risk form and safety form
- If you’re over the age of 12, in reasonable condition, and feel comfortable on a bike—then yes! All types of people attend and enjoy our exhilarating downhill adventure. It’s a unique opportunity to connect with majestic Haleakala in ways that just cannot be experienced from the confines of a car. Our fun and safety-minded tour guides will ensure your enjoyment no matter what your performance level.
- MAUI MOUNTAIN CRUISERS ride genuine Worksman™ and Schwinn™ cruiser style bicycles, that are specially designed for safe and comfortable downhill biking. The cruiser frame geometry places riders in a comfortable upright position (optimal for viewing the scenery) with a low center of gravity for maneuvering the fun sweeping turns and banked switchbacks. Bikes are equipped with soft ergonomic seats, wide “bullhorn” style handlebars, fat tires, and Ultrabrakes™. Ultrabrakes™ are hand-operated drum brakes built into the hub of the wheel. Their reliability in all types of weather makes them common on motorcycles and the standard for downhill biking enthusiasts.
- Weather conditions on Haleakala can be unpredictable. Occasionally, Mother Nature decides she'd like Haleakala to herself for the day; in which case you will be notified to reschedule your tour.
Pick up from major Maui hotels