Haleakala Guided Downhill Bike Tour
9:00 am and 1:30 pm
Monday - Friday
Duration: 5 hours
- Paia Town.
- Makawao Town.
- Upper and Lower Kula.
- Haleakala Ranch.
DESCRIPTIONMaui is what you are here for and Maui is what a bike tour with Maui Easy Riders will give you. This bike tour is very personal. When you are with Easy Riders you will certainly feel the real pace of Maui. Come see for yourself why the owners of Easy Riders personally guide every tour, because they love it and it is fun.
Paia is what your tour guides consider to be the coolest little town on Maui. Paia is defined by its randomness. It is full of character and characters, many great beaches, the best shopping on the island and an unbelievable amount of great restaurants. This is the town where your biking adventure starts and ends.
Makawao is what people that live here consider to be a cowboy town, often referred to as upcountry. There are a plethora of art galleries, eateries and unique clothing shops. Makawao has a charm found nowhere else on the island of Maui. Easy Riders is the only tour company on the entire island of Maui that offers a tour of this special Hawaiian Town.
Kula is the retreat for perfect year round weather. An overwhelming amount of organic farms dot the landscape in this upcountry paradise. You will spend much of the bike ride biking through the most beautiful parts of Kula. In Upper Kula, on the way up the mountan to start the bike ride, you will take a short pit stop at a very classy marketplace. The Kula Marketplace is the perfect pit stop for a restroom break, a snack, souvenirs and other things you may be interested in.
You begin your bike ride inside the 3rd largest privately owned cattle ranch in the United States. This ranch will boggle your mind with its sheer size and presence. In this area you are likely to see many pheasant and sometimes even a Nene Goose (The Hawaiian State Bird). Your tour guides say this is their favorite part of the bike ride because of the consecutive switchbacks that rapidly descend more than 3000 feet in under 10 miles.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Rainsuit (if needed)
- Bottled Water
WHAT TO BRING
- Closed Toe Shoes
- Bring or dress in layers
- Spending money for snacks, lunch, souvenirs
GOOD TO KNOW
- Please, no beginners. Basic bike riding skills are necessary in order to ride down the worlds largest dormant volcano (Haleakala).
- All participants are required to sign a liability release/waiver form accepting responsibility for their own actions.
- There is a maximum weight limit of 300 lbs. for this Maui Bike Tour.
- The minimum age requirement for Maui Easy Riders is 12.
- For the safety of all bike tour participants, riders will be required to follow basic safety rules and guidelines.If at any point during the ride you are not comfortable, The Maui Easy Riders Escort Van is always available as an alternative riding option.
- Due to the specifics of this downhill bike tour activity all expectant mothers must ride in the escort van.
- Easy Riders uses Worksman Cycles for all of its downhill biking needs. These bikes are are sturdy like a tank and smooth like a caddy. They have 3 different sizes of bikes to accommodate all different body types. Rest assured that your custom made drum brakes will work well as they are the best in the industry. They also use over-sized, padded leather seats to maximize comfort while biking down Haleakala.
- If you are coming from Kihei or Wailea you should allow about 45 minutes of travel time to meet up with your tour group. If you are traveling from the West side of the island (Lahaina, Ka'anapali side) you should allow for about an hour of travel time to meet with your tour group.
CHECK IN LOCATION
Check In at H.A. Baldwin Park...also known as Baldwin Beach. Alawai Rd, Paia, HI 96779