Circle Island Helicopter Deluxe Tour Early Bird Special
Daily: 8:30am 2:00pm
DURATION: 70 MINUTES
For other times Please Click Here.
West Maui is home to one of the wettest places on earth. Long streaming waterfalls and vibrant green valleys are trademarks of this incredible volcanic wonderland. Weather permitting, highlights include: the "Wall of Tears" with over 17 waterfalls flowing at once; Maui's tallest waterfall, Honokohau Falls, with over 1,100 foot drop. View the resorts of Kaanapali and Kapalua. Take in Old Lahaina Town with its quaint historic whaling harbor. Fly by Launiupoko, Olowalu and Ukumehame valleys. Soar above central Maui's sugarcane and pineapple fields. Ascend the world's largest dormant volcano, Haleakala (Literally "house of the sun") and discover its immense moonlike crater with pure iron oxide cinder cones towering over 1,100 feet tall. See Kaupo and Ko'olau Gaps, the huge lava flows from the crater to the sea. Hana's nearly uninhabited "back side" is home of the "Seven Pools" and Lindberg's grave. The Hana Rain Forest extends for over 180 square miles along Maui's northern coast and is the largest tropical rain forest in our nation. Tour includes views of Old Hana Town, Haleakala National Park, Kipahulu, the taro field of Ke'anae, fabulous coastline waterfalls and the world famous Ho'okipa windsurfing beach on the return. Whale watching in season. Maui No Ka Oi, "Maui is the best"!
The industry standard “Black Beauty” has all forward facing customized bench style seats giving excellent visibility.Sunshine has flown over 850,000 satisfied passengers in “Black Beauties” since 1985. Recently upgraded in 2008 to the all new ASTAR 350FX, the “FX” carries more weight,flies faster,is quieter and more fuel efficient.The increased capacity allows the FX to have “First Class” seating. The conversion from AS350BA to AS350FX is provided by Heli-Lynx Helicopter Service of Canada and approved by the Federal Aviation Administration.Ross Scott,President says “the FX is the most environmentally friendly helicopter we operate with a lower noise footprint and 25% less fuel burn.It raises the bar for green helicopter air touring in Hawaii.”
FX OPEN SEATING:Industry standard six-passengers,seat assignment determined by weight and balance.
FX FIRST CLASS SEATING:Passengers enjoy “First Class” seating next to pilot,with extra arm and leg room.Maximum combined weight for two passengers:400 lbs.
The EC 130 B4 WhisperSTAR is the ultimate in sightseeing helicopters. More interior room, more visibility with added plexiglass and elevated rear seats. Sunshine customizes the standard factory interior with business and first class seating to further enhance passenger comfort and visibility. Soar in the state-of- the-art WhisperSTAR and experience the superb quiet and ultra smooth most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever!
WHISPERSTAR OPEN SEATING:Up to six-passengers,seat assignment determined by weight and balance.
WHISPERSTAR FIRST CLASS SEATING:The three front seat configuration is replaced with two front seats.Passengers enjoy “First Class” seating next to pilot, with extra arm and leg room. Maximum combined weight for two passengers:490 lbs.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Weight & Size Guidelines: Helicopter weight and balance changes with every flight because of passenger weight, pilot weight and length of flight (fuel weight). It is important that we have accurate body weight from every passenger. FAA regulations require all passengers and their carry-on items to be weighed at time of check-in. If a standard airline seat belt is too small or you weigh over 240 pounds you may be required to purchase a comfort seat on our FX STAR. If you are between 240-290 lbs. we recommend open seating on the WhisperSTAR. Over 290 lbs. may require a comfort seat in our WhisperSTAR.
- Assisted Passengers: A portable lifting devise is available for those customers needing special assistance. Please call us
- Scuba Diving: No scuba diving 24 hours prior to helicopter tour departure time.
- Children: A child 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult’s lap. Please provide child’s weight at time of booking. Children 2 yrs. and older must occupy a seat with seat belt on and are charged full fare.
- Check-in: Check-in is minimum 30 minutes prior to your tour departure time. For your safety and comfort, hats and oversized bags are not permitted on the flight line or in the helicopter. Please leave these items in your automobile. Bring picture I.D.
- All Flights Include: Ground safety briefing, complimentary coffee or tea, pilot personal narration and choreographed music recorded on the live digital video, David Clark stereo aviator headsets with individual volume control, custom built digital recording system, polarized bubble windows, air-conditioned climate control, custom interiors and much more!
- Routes & Flight Time: Sunshine does not fly any specific routes but has many sights within the area of a described tour that we intend to visit during a tour. Sights may vary due to weather. Flight times are estimates and may vary a few minutes.
- Actual Flight Video: A DVD of your actual flight narrated and orchestrated by your pilot is available for $49.95.
- Photography: Bring lots of film and wear a dark colored shirt to reduce glare on the plexiglass windows.
- Languages: Tours can be given in JAPANESE. Please notify in advance.
- Fuel Surcharges are included in the price
CHECK IN LOCATION
Sunshine Helicopters Kahului Heliport - Hangar #107
107 Kahului Airport Rd, Kahului, Hawaii 96732